The Supported Employment model is designed to provide the individual with the necessary support, tools and guidance to obtain and maintain competitive employment in the community. Initial job development helps find the best vocational match for the person’s strengths, and once placed in a job, job coaching helps develop the strategies needed for success. Job coaching fades into follow-along services which provide support for job retention.
The following specific vocational services are provided:
- NeuroVocational Evaluation: A comprehensive, transdisciplinary evaluation geared towards identifying vocational strengths, limitations, projected work outcome, and specific treatment recommendations is performed over multiple days.
- Job Development/Placement: Vocational specialists utilize the results of the NeuroFunctional transdiciplinary team assessment to assist the client in searching for jobs that are within their interest and ability areas, and helps prepare individuals for job interviews until the person is offered a job in a community integrated setting. Pre-Employment Transition Services (PETS) are available for students with brain injury to provide Job Shadowing and Work Based Learning Experiences.
- Job Coaching: Vocational Specialists provide brain injury rehabilitation-specific job coaching, developing strategies to support the individual’s successful performance of the job, working with the employer to provide reasonable job accommodations, and slowly fading their physical presence.
- Job Follow-Along Services: Vocational Specialists provide on-going support to the employer, the employee and the Family/Support System, consisting of monthly on-site job visits and monthly telephone contacts, designed to assure successful utilization of strategies, develop new strategies when needed, and to assure job retention.
- BeechTree Enterprises: A social enterprise packaging business in the community that offers competitive employment, as well as employment skills development for people preparing to enter the workforce. BeechTree Products, a division of BeechTree Enterprises, offers body lotions and herbal soaps made with organic products.