Dr. Drew Nagele, the Executive Director of Beechwood NeuroRehab, was an external reviewer of the CDC report to Congress on The Management of TBI in Children. The full report can be read here.
Beechwood NeuroRehab is a leader in the industry in promoting advocacy. Many of our staff are involved with the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, the Brain Injury Association of America, the Pennsylvania Brain Injury Advisory Board, the Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania, the Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey, the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists and the Brain Injury Association of Delaware.
Without a strong advocacy commitment, the field of brain injury rehabilitation would not be where it is today, and Beechwood NeuroRehab has been involved from the beginning. However, much work needs to be done as our national organization estimates that only 5% of individuals with brain injury have the resources available to have their needs met. Not only is Beechwood NeuroRehab active in state wide activities but also at a national and international level. Some of the advocacy activities conducted include:
- Representation on state wide and national boards of directors for the brain injury associations
- Participation on the statewide brain injury association conference committee
- Presentations at educational conferences
- Participation and implementation of legislative activities both statewide and nationally
- Organization and participation at brain safety fairs
- Support fund raising efforts through sponsorships
- Active participation in the statewide providers’ association
- Encourage and facilitate participation of the individuals served and other stakeholders to become active in advocacy efforts.